Our vision is simple: Central Church will strive to be the neighborhood church that supports your family’s journey as you seek God’s will.
We are continuing our series of messages, titled Reaching Out. If we truly desire to be a neighborhood church, then we’re going to have to do just that…reach out!
9/11 ~ The Choices We Make
9/18 ~ Reaching Out in Jerusalem
10/2 ~ Reaching Out by Scattering
10/9 ~ Ends of the Earth
- On Thursday, October 13th we will be feeding the Grandview High School football team—volunteers are needed from 4:30-7:00 PM
- On Sunday, October 16th the Deacon Ministry Team will meet with the pastor following the morning worship service
- On Saturday, October 22nd, Central will be providing water/fruit for the Fill the GAP 5K
- On Tuesday, October 25th the Advisory Board will meet beginning at 6:30 PM
- On Saturday, October 29th, from 10:00 AM to 12:00 PM we will have a Church Work Day
- On Sunday, November 6th we will host a special service with Joel & Lydie Teague, missionaries to France
- On Sunday evening, November 6th, the Greater Kansas City District Association of Free Will Baptists will host its annual Missions Rally at the Beacon FWB Church in Raytown
For the latest news and prayer requests about our Free Will Baptist missionaries, click here.
For the latest news and prayer requests about our missionaries, Joel and Naomi McGill, click here.
Our missionary spotlight this week is upon Tim & Lydia Awtrey, missionaries to Bulgaria. Read more here.
Bible Reading Challenge: Philippians 3:1-4:1
Bible Memorization Challenge: Philippians 3:8 (ESV)—8Indeed, I count everything as loss because of the surpassing worth of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord. For his sake I have suffered the loss of all things and count them as rubbish, in order that I may gain Christ…
Last night’s presentation by Creation Ministries, International was a tremendous blessing for those who were able to attend. While it is impossible to answer every question someone might have concerning the Creation vs. Evolution debate, our speaker last night did a great job of showing how science not only hasn’t proven the Bible false, it is actually impossible for science to do so. As believers in Jesus Christ, we should be reminded how our belief is one that is rational and based upon solid evidence. We don’t need to be, nor should we be, ashamed of the gospel of Jesus Christ!
If you’ve been paying attention, lately, I have been talking about our challenge to reach at least five new families with the gospel before the end of the year. I am convinced of our need in several areas for this to happen; it won’t happen unless we seek God and His power, we pray in a broken-hearted manner, and perhaps even spend some time in fasting. You see, reaching people with the gospel is hard work. It is spiritual warfare at the deepest level, as our enemy will do just about anything to stop us. He doesn’t want this to happen. To overcome a spiritual enemy, we must employ spiritual weapons. Prayer and fasting, in unity and worship, seeking God and His power; those are the weapons we have. Let’s employ them!
Next week we’ll have our final message in the series entitled Reaching Out. Following that, I’m going to take some time to look at a topic we probably think doesn’t apply to Christians—Domestic Violence. October is Domestic Violence Awareness Month, and we’re going to take spend a couple of Sundays looking at this issue, and how we ought to respond to it.
I hope to see you in church soon!